If you’ve got more than one Hotmail, Live, MSN or Outlook account, and are using them across multiple devices, setting them up on your Android device as an ActiveSync Exchange account lets you keep track of all your emails, calendars and contacts more easily. and provide services Hotmail Customer Support Toll Free Number .
Get set up
Open your mail app, go to the settings menu and add a new mail account.
Put in your email address and password then tap ‘Manual Setup‘.
Select ‘Microsoft ActiveSync Exchange‘ (or equivalent).
Fill out the fields as follows:
- Domain/Username: Make sure this field is first cleared, then put your full email address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Password: Email account password
- Exchange server: m.hotmail.com
- Use SLL: Make sure this is ticked
- Accept all SSL certificates: Make sure this is ticked, if available
- Use client certificate: Do not tick
- Select the sync options you need. ‘Push’ inbox checking frequency is recommended if you’d like your emails to download automatically when they are sent to you. Or if you’d rather keep an eye on your data, select ‘Manual’ (or ‘pull’) so emails are only downloaded when you open your mail app
- If you’re given the option; set the email size limit, that your device will download, to your desired limit (Note: if you select ‘all’ or ‘maximum’, you may use additional data when emails contain attachments, embedded videos and pictures)
Follow the prompts to continue, select a name for your new Exchange account and complete the setup.
Make sure you name accounts, in Step 6, in a way that makes them easy to remember – especially if you’ve got a few Exchange or Hotmail/Outlook/MSN/Live accounts